Nikebetterworld on twitter... to make the world better
Hello people,
I recently checked out Nikebetterworld on twitter and I think Nike are doing on twitter is brilliant. First of all, Nike is now one of the most sustainable companies in the world. 20 years ago, they were criticised for various unsustainable practices, such as using child labour. However, the protests against Nike made them realise that they need to take action. By being more transparent, they realised what they need to improve, and through years of investment, Nike are at the level they are at today. Anyways, back to twitter. Nikebetterworld provides its followers with information about new products and how sustainable they are. If Nike consumers wish to know more about how eco-friendly some of their products are, they are also able to obtain information on Nikebetterworld. Sometimes, they even include processes and questions they asked themselves to produce more sustainable products. Nikebetterworld also states some of Nike's future goals, and they also allow followers to keep in track of their goals, which I think is great because this allows followers to critically judge Nike. They often tweet about what makes their products sustainable, for example the material, the manufacturing methods or the carbon footprint. Nikebetterworld enables more transparency for its customers. Twitter is a great a way customers can learn more about suppliers and Nike is using twitter as an opportunity to inform its customers about their sustainable initiatives.
If you appreciate Nike in general, I recommend you to check out https://twitter.com/nikebetterworld. There are some very interesting tweets that show how sustainable Nike is.
Sidney
Wow, Nike is a lot more sustainable than I thought they were - especially by being transparent! Nikebetterworld is a great initiative.
ReplyDeleteCheck out my blog here:
http://grassalwaysgreenerblog.blogspot.com/